Letter from the Provost: January 22, 2021
I hope you are doing well and settling in this semester. I know some of you have questions about how COVID-19 is currently impacting us or maybe about what’s coming next.
With this in mind, I’d like to encourage you to participate in a campus wide virtual panel discussion focused on the university’s Spring COVID-19 Response and Beyond. The virtual event is set for Tuesday, Jan. 26 from 2-3 p.m. and you can register now with your uark.edu email address. You can submit a suggested topic or question when you register.
As you are likely aware, university employees are now eligible for COVID-19 vaccinations under the state’s phased vaccination plan. Unfortunately, most students are not yet eligible. As a part of the panel discussion, we’ll address the vaccine rollout, provide an overview of our spring COVID-19 response, and examine how the pandemic may impact summer and fall planning, among other topics.
- Terry Martin, senior vice provost for academic affairs
- Huda Sharaf, medical director of the Pat Walker Health Center
- Flo Johnson, assistant vice chancellor for university housing
- Steve Krogull, associate vice chancellor for information technology
- Matt Mills, director of U of A emergency management
- Melissa Harwood-Rom, dean of students
We will keep you informed of the latest developments. And please continue to visit the Spring 2021 COVID-19 Response Guide for the latest updates.
Charles F. Robinson
Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic and Student Affairs
Professor of History