News Article: Get Vaccinated, Get Rewarded: Initial Student Winners Receive Awards
Sep. 07, 2021
More than 30 prizes, including $500 scholarships and Razorback football tickets, were handed out to vaccinated U of A students last week during the initial drawing for vaccination incentives offered by the university.
Vaccinated students must enter to win to be eligible for incentives that will be awarded throughout the semester. The next weekly drawing is set for Sept. 8.
RECENT WINNERS (from weekly drawing held Sept. 4):
- Jeremy Nash
- Gloria Drewery
- Katie Mai Chau
Razorback Football Tickets and Parking Pass (Rice)
- Ben Parra
$100 Bookstore Gift Card
- Rachel Kremer
$100 Chartwells Dining Gift Cards
- Annabelle Brower
$100 Parking Permit Credits
- Haley Stretch
- Matthew Cowan
- Rovelle Young
- Thayne Shook
- Angel Cano
- Hailey Pease
- Shantanu Chatterji
- Memory Light
- Elanor Jones
- Austin Mussino
- Lindee Smith
- Sarah Grace Hampton
- Mackenzie McMahan
- Simone Schwarze
- Grace Orler
- Christopher Savoie
- Morgan McCaleb
- Sarahi Zamarripa
- Olivia Atkinson
- Andrew Dungan
TheatreSquared Vouchers for two
- Thanh-Dat Truong
- Madison Swanson
Walmart AMP Voucher Packages for two — Pitbull
- Dani Jackson
- Malik Bagsby
Walton Arts Center Voucher Packages for two — Huntertones (Starrlight Jazz Series)
- Lizbeth Perez
Additional weekly drawings will be held throughout the semester for COVID-19 vaccination incentives. All vaccinated U of A students who enter are eligible. Currently unvaccinated students can become eligible at any point in the semester as soon as they are vaccinated and have entered to win. Students only need to enter once to be eligible for all of the weekly drawings.
Each week, at least 15 prizes including three $500 scholarships will be awarded to vaccinated students who have entered to win. New winning names will be drawn randomly each week. So, the sooner students get vaccinated (and enter), the sooner they become eligible for the weekly drawings.
Enter to win COVID-19 vaccination Incentives.
Proof of vaccination (defined as one dose of Johnson & Johnson or second dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) will be required to claim prizes.
WEEKLY DRAWING INCENTIVES FOR ALL VACCINATED STUDENTS
- $500 Scholarships (45 opportunities to win)
- $100 Parking Permit Credits (250 opportunities)
- $100 Bookstore Gift Cards (17 opportunities)
- $100 Chartwells Dining Gift Cards (five opportunities)
- Razorback Football Tickets and Parking Pass (six opportunities to win, four tickets each)
Grand Canyon backpacking trip (one opportunity)
- Hike in the beautiful Grand Canyon National Park over Thanksgiving Break! Enjoy four nights and five days deep within the walls of America's largest canyon. This trip is suitable for beginners, but participants are expected to carry everything they will need for four days in their backpacks as they hike in and out of the canyon.
Buffalo River Canoe Trip for Two (one opportunity for two students)
- Spend four days canoeing the Buffalo River! This trip will take you through the Buffalo River Wilderness, one of the most pristine watersheds in our part of the country. Sleep on the banks, paddle the calm waters, cook great meals and see places that not many others get to see!
Weekend Camping rental package for two (one opportunity for two students)
- Includes a two-person tent, two sleeping bags with pads, a two-burner stove and cook set.
Weekend Mountain Bike rental (one opportunity)
- Includes a full-suspension mountain bike and helmet.
- Walmart AMP Voucher Packages for two (five opportunities for two students)
- Walton Arts Center Voucher Packages for two (seven opportunties for two students)
TheatreSquared Vouchers for two (15 opportunities for two students)
- Good for two prime tickets to any 2021 TheatreSquared performance (reserve ahead to guarantee seats).
Faulkner Performing Arts Center Event Tickets (one opportunity, four tickets)
- Four tickets to enjoy a performing arts event at this magnificent campus venue this fall or next spring.
Previous winners are not eligible for future prizes.
Special thanks to Razorback Athletics, Walmart AMP, Walton Arts Center, TheatreSquared, Faulkner Performing Arts Center, University Recreation, University Bookstore and Chartwells for providing incentives for students.
While state law prevents mandating it, COVID-19 vaccination is strongly encouraged. Vaccination is our primary means of mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
Let's get RazorVAXED Razorbacks!
In addition to the university's incentive effort, U of A students, faculty and staff are also eligible for the city of Fayetteville's COVID-19 Vaccination Incentive Program. The city is offering one-time $100 payments for individuals living or working in Fayetteville who have or will become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 between Aug. 17 and Oct. 15, 2021. Applications can be made on the city's website at fayetteville-ar.gov/vaccine. The last day to apply is Nov. 1.
John Thomas, manager of university communications