Section 1: Overarching Principles
The health and safety of the campus community guide the university’s COVID-19 decisions and direction. Students, faculty and staff are expected to use good judgment and discretion in alignment with this guidance.
The U of A will continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Arkansas and the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).
Campus functions will operate in a manner that prioritizes caution and safety.
- COVID-19 educational efforts focused on safety precautions, testing and vaccination will continue.
- Employees should continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms prior to coming to campus.
- Masks are recommended indoors.
- Masks are available for free to everyone on campus. KN95, C195 and 3-ply disposable masks may be acquired by contacting the Facilities Management Central Supply (575-3840).
- Our plans will continue to be designed to protect our campus and especially the people who are at the highest risk for severe illness.
- Centrally managed cleaning and sanitizing services and procurement will continue as needed.
All units will be prepared to return to a remote environment if conditions change.