Section 1: Overarching Principles
The health and safety of the campus community guide the university’s COVID-19 decisions and direction. Students, faculty and staff are expected to use good judgment and discretion in alignment with this guidance.
The U of A will continue to follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Arkansas and the Arkansas Department of Health (ADH).
Campus functions will operate in a manner that prioritizes caution and safety.
- COVID-19 educational efforts focused on safety precautions, testing and vaccination will continue.
- Employees should continue to self-monitor for COVID-19 symptoms prior to coming to campus.
- Masks are required indoors – regardless of vaccination status – when at least 6-feet of social distancing can’t be maintained. Limited exceptions are included in Section 2.
- Our plans will continue to be designed to protect our campus and especially the people who are at the highest risk for severe illness.
- Centrally managed cleaning and sanitizing services and procurement will continue as needed.
- Personal hygiene kits and workspace cleaning kits are available by request.
To receive a kit or order supply replenishments:
- Student kits are available for pickup at the information desk in the Arkansas Union during normal operating hours, or call 575-2304.
- Faculty and staff should call the central supply office: 575-3840.
All units will be prepared to return to a remote environment if conditions change.