Section 7: Housing, Dining and Campus Life
This section covers housing, dining, events, transportation. Other student activities will also follow the same guidance.
University Housing is dedicated to providing an environment that supports the health and safety of students, staff and the larger campus community.
For new-student move-in guidance for the fall semester and other housing-related news and information, please visit housing.uark.edu.
The Fulbright Dining Hall will continue to be open this summer. Check current schedules for dining facilities and other on-campus dining options including the Union Food Court at the Dine On Campus website. Dining hall hours may be adjusted during the semester to help with continued service and cleaning.
The following precautions and procedures will be followed to support safe dining on campus:
- Masks are required indoors – regardless of vaccination status – when at least 6-feet of social distancing can’t be maintained with the following exceptions:
- In residence halls, masks may be removed in private rooms as well as in community bathrooms for accomplishing tasks such as brushing teeth or showering.
- Masks may be removed while dining but should be worn before eating and replaced as soon as possible after eating.
- A mask may be removed in a private office or private room when no one else is present.
- Masks may be removed for participants during sanctioned activities including Razorback Athletics workouts, practices and contests unless otherwise required by the University’s athletic conference or governing body.
- Safety barriers at registers and serving areas.
- Self-service payment devices that accept student ID, debit cards and credit cards. Cash is no longer accepted.
- Multiple hand sanitizer stations are available around the serving areas.
- Staff screening and temperature check at clock-in.
- Tents are available for added outdoor seating around the Arkansas Union and outside Starbucks near Founders Hall.
- Continuous cleaning of tables and serving areas.
- Dining will continue to adjust seating capacity to meet state recommended guidelines.
University Recreation (UREC)
University Recreation is open and operating to serve all U of A students and members. UREC will continue to post updates and programmatic changes to its covid webpage, as well as to Facebook and Instagram.
Pat Walker Health Center
Pat Walker Health Center is open for medical services and mental health care. Please visit the health center website for current hours of operation and information about available in-person, telehealth and mental health services.
University of Arkansas employees and students, and their spouses can schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment on campus at the Pat Walker Health Center by calling 479-575-4451, option 1. Appointments are required.
Additional Vaccine Education, Information & Other Resources are available online.
Testing is also available on campus for all students, faculty and staff who are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, with both nasal swab rapid antigen and PCR tests for active COVID-19 infections and surveillance. For testing, please call Pat Walker Health Center at 479-575-4451, option 1 or use the Pat Walker Health Center portal.
Additional Testing, Reporting, Quarantine and Health Information is available online.
Wearing masks is required at Pat Walker Health Center regardless of vaccination status.
To support the health and safety of passengers and the U of A community, Razorback Transit bus service is running regular routes with reduced capacity on each bus to allow for social distancing. Per current federal law, masks are required on all buses and each bus is sanitized multiple times a day to support the health and safety of passengers.
- For questions related to Razorback Transit call 479 575-RIDE (7433).
- For questions about parking, call 479 575-PARK (7275).