Section 8: Events and Gatherings
Events will be held in accordance with the university’s Use of University Facilities and Outdoor Space policy. Events are defined as on-campus gatherings – other than scheduled classes and informal small group gatherings – that are hosted by an official University of Arkansas unit or recognized student organization, or that is approved through the University’s reservation process.
University guidance regarding on-campus events and gatherings is intended to align with guidance issued by the state of Arkansas, Arkansas Department of Health and CDC.
We expect our community to use good judgment to help protect themselves and those around them when planning and attending on-campus gatherings.
Event planners should utilize the CDC’s
Please keep the following in mind:
- Masks are recommended indoors. Signage posted at event entrances is recommended.
- While not mandatory, social distancing is encouraged regardless of vaccination status.
- Follow university sanitation protocol such as handwashing and sanitizing.
- Food service (if offered) should align with current guidance from the food service industry in consultation with catering vendors. See additional guidance from the CDC for higher education institutions where not everyone is vaccinated.
- Event sponsors (other than official UA units) must agree to hold the University harmless for any risk of harm or illness to participants that may results from the event.
Spontaneous gatherings for members of the campus community in generally accessible outdoor areas of campus are permitted.
Gatherings by religious organizations covered under Act 94 of 2021 are also permitted.
Details regarding Fall 2022 commencement will be posted on the registrar’s commencement page when finalized.