Pat Walker Health Center offers TeleVisit medical appointments in an effort to expand health care access for University of Arkansas students, faculty and staff.
Using HIPAA-compliant video conferencing, TeleVisits let you access health care services while in the comfort of your own residence hall, off-campus residence or other private location. All enrolled students, as well as faculty and staff are eligible for this service.
Please call 479-575-4451 to schedule a TeleVisit appointment.
If you think you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.
TeleVisits are virtual appointments with a medical provider that are accessed using a computer, tablet, smartphone or other mobile device with video/audio capabilities. TeleVisits also enable health care providers to see patients remotely for faster, more convenient care.
Pat Walker Health Center’s TeleVisit platform incorporates network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of personal health information in accordance with state and federal regulations.
Students: For [Telemental] health services, please call CAPS at 479-575-5276.
Faculty/Staff: Psychiatric TeleVisits are available by calling the Primary Care Clinic.
A TeleVisit offers some of the same benefits of an in-person appointment — your provider can assess your symptoms, recommend a plan of care, and send a prescription to your pharmacy if needed.
- Easy, convenient way to access medical care
- No wait times
- Less time away from work or class
- Increased patient satisfaction and safety
- No searching for parking
- Disease prevention
- Enhanced wellness
- Chronic disease management
- Better decision support for acute and chronic conditions
- Improve efficiencies
TeleVisits can be scheduled by phone or online at myhealth.uark.edu. Our Nurse Triage team will assess your current medical needs and schedule the appropriate appointment-type for you.
To speak to a health center nurse, or to schedule a TeleVisit appointment, call 479-575-4451:
- For Primary Care: Option 1
- For Women’s Clinic: Option 2
Once a TeleVisit is confirmed, you will receive additional information and check-in instructions.
Yes. You do not need to be an already established patient to be eligible for TeleVisits.
TeleVisits can be scheduled by phone or online at myhealth.uark.edu.
Once your TeleVisit appointment is confirmed, you will be sent a link to your provider’s virtual waiting area and instructions on how to check-in.
A TeleVisit is the same as a regular office visit, and bills according to your health insurance policy. Co-pays, deductibles, etc. are the same as if they were received during an in-person visit.
TeleVisits also have late / no-show fees. See Billing section for health center fees.
TeleVisits can address a variety of medical needs, but ultimately are determined on a case-by-case basis.
Some common TeleVisit appointments may be for:
- Pink eye
- Bug bites
- Cold sores
- CAPS non-urgent referrals
Depending on your symptoms/medical needs, your provider may determine further evaluation is needed and will schedule you for an in-person, follow-up appointment.
Yes, however some prescriptions require the patient to pick up in-person. Pat Walker Health Center providers prescribe medication on a case-by-case basis. Prescription renewals can also be requested at myhealth.uark.edu.
- It is important to be in a quiet, private space.
- Make sure you have good Internet connection.
- Use a secure Internet connection rather than public/free.
- Restart your device before your visit.
- Be on time. If you need to cancel or change your TeleVisit, please call prior to appointment.
- Test your camera and mic from the waiting room.
- Prepare for a back-up plan to restart the session or reschedule in the event of technical problems.
- Be present and avoid use/looking at cell phones and other devices during your appointment.