The office of STAR Central offers Support, Training, Advocacy, & Resources on Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence. STAR Central serves the university community through education programs, professional consultations and victim advocacy services. STAR Central is located on the second floor of the new addition of the health center in room 2129. All contacts and survivor services are confidential.
- Survivors’ Chat Group (a peer-based support group). To learn more, email email@example.com
- Accompaniment to judicial meetings, court hearings, law enforcement interviews, and other meetings for the purpose of providing support for the individual
- On-call after hour and weekend volunteer staff and faculty advocates for hospital accompaniment for those who report sexual assault and want to have a rape kit done
- One-on-one advocacy
- Referrals to appropriate agencies or other professionals
- Assistance with navigating the reporting system and care options
- Other services as needed
- Prevention education programs for classrooms, student groups, campus departments, community, and others
- RESPECT peer education program
- Social-norming media campaigns
- Professional training
- Outreach and awareness events
- Other education programs as needed
Campus groups can request tailored education presentations and programs by contacting STAR Central at 479-575-7252.
Mary A. Wyandt-Hiebert, Ph.D., MCHES, CWHC
STAR Central Director
479-575-7252 | firstname.lastname@example.org
HLTH Room 2129
Dr. Mary Wyandt-Hiebert has more than 18 years of professional experience in sexual violence prevention and victim advocacy. Dr. Wyandt also oversees programming initiatives of RESPECT. She believes in the power of peers and enjoys mentoring students.