2017-2018 Student Health Insurance
Welcome to the University of Arkansas! This year’s Student Health Insurance Policy is offered by Academic Health Plans and is underwritten by United Healthcare Student Resources.
The price for the Student Insurance Plan is $1,943.00 annually (Aug. 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018). The plan has a $300.00 deductible.
The University of Arkansas Student Health Plan is a GOLD plan under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and is considered major medical coverage.
- One (1) graduate credit hour or,
- Six (6) undergraduate credit hours
Note: Online courses do not fulfill eligibility requirements.
- Go to: http://uark.myahpcare.com
- Forms are also available at the Pat Walker Health Center, Insurance Office.
The Student Health Plan provides students and their dependents (if applicable) with peace of mind knowing that the Pat Walker Health Center provides care for their illness and/or injury. United Healthcare Student Resources covers majority of the expenses at the health center with a $20.00 co-pay.
If you need to seed medical care outside of the Pat Walker Health Center, policy holders will want to use a medical provider that is in the United healthcare Options PPO. You can search for a in-network medical provider at http://uark.myahpcare.com.
International Students and Health Insurance
All International students (those with out citizen or permanent resident status) are required to have health insurance throughout the duration of their studies. Insurance coverage must be maintained during the summer months as well, even if traveling out of the U.S.
The premium for student health insurance is accessed for 12 months (Fall, Spring & Summer), and the charge will appear on the student UAConnect account. Please be aware that the premium must be pad in full by the deadline posted by the Treasurer’s Office. Failure to pay premium in full will result in a hold on student account. If not paid by the payment due date, you will not receive coverage by the health insurance plan, but will still be required to pay the premium.
United Healthcare Student Resources is administered by Academic Health Plans. You can view the policy at http://uark.myahpcare.com.
Dependents can be added to the policy during open enrollment only, except for a qualifying life event (divorce, marriage, new baby, loss of job benefits, arrival within the U.S. within 30 days).
United Healthcare has gone green! You will not be mailed an insurance card unless requested. When you premium has been paid and posted, you will receive an email from email@example.com to set up your account and print your card.
Dental & Vision Insurance
Any student/family member at the University of Arkansas can purchase dental and/or vision insurance during open enrollment periods by going to http://uark.myahpcare.com. Once purchased, you will be emailed instructions to print your card from CIGNA.
All International Students must pay the student health insurance fee billed to their student account each semester. THERE ARE ONLY 2 EXCEPTIONS TO THIS POLICY:
- Students in sponsored student programs that provide health insurance through their embassy, Ministry of Education, or non-government organization will be granted waivers through the University of Arkansas, Sponsored Student Programs Office. The Sponsored Student Programs Office will post the waiver.
- Students covered by health insurance provided through employment (his or her own or that of a spouse or a parent) at a United States company may apply for a waiver by going to https://uark.myahpcare.com/waiver.
Review the waiver guidelines before proceeding to complete a waiver request form. Deadline to waive is September 25, 2017.
For more information:
- Collegiate Assistance Program (CAP): access to Nurseline, telephonic/online counseling, innovative web-based services, legal and financial services.
- How to "Create Your Online Account"
- Mobile Site
- Student Insurance Waiver Criteria & Form
- Graduate Assistant Fringe Benefit 2017-18